The Oxford meeting took place at the University of Oxford on Friday 15th January 2010 at 4.00 pm.
The scope of the meeting was to provide information about the International Conference entitled “The Athens Dialogues” which is organized in collaboration with the Accademia dei Lincei, the Deutsche Archaeologisches Institut, Harvard University’s Center for Hellenic Studies, the Institut de France, the Osterreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Oxford University and Stanford University. The conference will be the inaugurating event of the “Onassis Cultural Center” and it will be held on 24-27 November, 2010 in Athens, Greece.
The agenda of the meeting included presentations of:
- Mr Anthony Papadimitriou, President of the ASOPBF, “The ethos and directions of the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation (ASOPBF)”
- Dr Christos Carras, Executive Director of the OCC, “A few words about the Onassis Cultural Center (OCC)”
- Professor George Babiniotis, President of the Conference Organizing Committee and former President of the University of Athens, “The Athens Dialogues Conference and its thematic sessions”
- Dr Niki Tsironis, Academic coordinator of the Conference, “Initiating a dialogue between generations and across continents”
- Professor Kenny Morrell, Centre for Hellenic Studies – Harvard University, “The Athens Dialogues e-journal”
This post is also available in: Greek